Back to Learning Center
Subscribe to THE LATEST
The Latest Digital Marketing News by IMPACT
October 13, 2018

Keyword Research Has Changed, Buffer Gets Conversational, & the 411 on Mobile-First Indexing ...This Is The Latest!

I read a statistic today that said 46% of people admit to looking at their smartphone or a mobile device before they get out of bed in the morning. Based on how much search has changed thanks to mobile devices -- and common sense -- I am forced to conclude the other 54% are liars.

I'm just sayin'.Here's The Latest ...

Untitled presentation   Google Slides

Want to Rank? You've Got to Up Your Keyword Research Game... 

Us marketers must like pain, because it seems whenever we get comfortable with one way of doing things, someone comes along and says, "Well, that's not going to cut it anymore." In this case, that's us telling you search has evolved in a big way, which means the way you perform keyword research to fuel your inbound and content strategies also needs to change. (Sorry!) The good news is that we're going to show you how.

socialchat-buffer-tools

Buffer Now Makes It Easier to Get Conversational Everywhere

The way the marketing world has embraced bots leaves us feeling that we're one Skynet short of a robot uprising -- but until then, Buffer has released a new tool called SocialChat that helps businesses take their conversational marketing strategy to the next level. SocialChat allows website visitors to start conversations on your site and continue them outside of your site, via Twitter direct messages (DMs) or Facebook Messenger. Cool, right? Here's the full scoop.

Group-using-phones

We're Living in a Mobile-First World, But What Does That Mean?

When we're not being beaten over the head with stats about how great video is (because it is), we're drowning in headlines about the rise of mobile devices. Neither bit of news is terribly surprising, but mobile-first indexing -- which rolled out in December of last year -- has still left some people scratching their heads, when it comes to designing their business websites without breaking their ranking. Allow us to demystify this massive shift in search ranking for you.

... More Music to Your Ears 🎶

Save The Date

  • Better Your Connecticut Business! On Wednesday, October 17, you're invited to join the Connecticut Better Business Bureau and five speakers from IMPACT for the Better Business Summit! Get your tickets before they're gone.

Weekly Number Crunching 💯

Instagram mobile ad revenue is expected to hit nearly $7 billion this year, according to 2018 research by Statista. Psh, chump change, right?

Weekend Nonsense

Apparently, this deer can feel it coming in the air tonight... 

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 4.07.23 PM

I know, I know. It's Saturday morning.

You're ready to go apple picking or shame someone you know about how pumpkin spice doesn't belong in everything. (You would be wrong.) 

However, if you could take one minute to reply to this email to tell us you are -- or aren't -- enjoying The Latest, I would be forever grateful.

Easy peasy, right?

Oh, and if you got this from a friend and haven't subscribed yet, join the fun here. 

Until next week!