Published on September 28th, 2017
Video and marketing go together like peanut butter and jelly.
From traditional television commercials in the 1960s to today's YouTube, Snapchat, Vimeo, and even Facebook Live, it's no secret that video has become a staple of our everyday lives.
While convenient and efficient for the consumer, video marketing provides marketers with an attractive, versatile, and extremely shareable medium to reach their audiences.
In fact, Diode Digital recently found that online video is a 600% more effective marketing tool than print and direct mail combined.
This data-packed infographic by yours truly (and designed by IMPACT designer, Joe Rinaldi) shares useful insights and statistics on video and user behavior surrounding it.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- 75 Million people in the U.S. watch online videos everyday.
- Merely mentioning the word 'video' in an email subject line, the click-through rate increased by 13%.
- Nearly 50% of all video is watched on a mobile device.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.