Transforming your Marketing Content through an Agency Partnership
The following is an excerpt from IMPACT's popular ebook, "How to Become the King of Content Marketing." For more expert tips on how to transform your marketing content, be sure to check out the full ebook.
So how specifically can a content creation team or partner help give you those benefits? They can...
Help you Streamline your Content Marketing and Sales
Content for Different Buyer Personas
When you first got into the business you’re in, you likely had a picture of your ideal “buyer”, aka your “target market” or a “buyer persona”. With that you then created marketing campaigns that were tailored to appeal to that market or persona(s).
But what if we told you that you were trying to sell to the wrong person?
This is exactly what a content creation partner like IMPACT can help you with. Many of our clients have been completely shocked to find out that who they thought was there target market was, in fact, NOT their target market. By using top of the line analytical software, we’re able to tell you exactly who’s buying, who’s not, and who you could or should be selling to.
We’ll help you come up with one or two primary buyer personas and then help you create content specifically tailored to appeal to those groups, whether it is through blog entries, landing pages, email marketing campaigns, and so on. Most content creation partners will also work with you to help develop content for secondary buyer personas. Once the content’s created, many agencies or partners will then follow through, test the results, and make tweaks and changes as necessary.
Creates Content for Different Levels of the Buying Cycle
Obviously everyone that comes in contact with you, your company or your website isn’t on the same page in terms of how ready they are to buy your product or service. However, one of the most common trouble areas that we see when we work with our clients is that their content is either:
- Created for only one level of the buying cycle (the content is sales- focused and not appropriate or intended for lead generation); or
- There’s different content for different levels of the buying cycle, but it’s disorganized and confusing, and so it doesn’t engage the right type of visitors and leads at the right time
- Our clients often ask us how we can tell what pages are appropriate for which level of the buying cycle. Good content creation partners should be able to provide you with the best analytical tools that will allow you to see exactly what page brings in what type of people (i.e. visitors, leads, potential buyers, buyers, brand loyalists). We can then change the CTAs/ offers on that page so that the offers cater to people of a certain level of your buying cycle. As a result, you’ll gain more leads, more customers, and ultimately more sales and profits.
Creation of Traffic Generating Blog Content
So just what is bringing people to your site? Or... is your content bringing visitors to your site? What content creation partners should be able to offer you are, at minimum, two things:
- The ability to optimize your content so that it receives the attention it deserves in search engines, on social media, etc.
- The ability to create engaging content so that it receives the attention it deserves from visitors/leads/customers
A content creation partner should be able to take the guess work out of what content is winning over your customers. Again, this is where analytical tools will become your best friend.
We at IMPACT use HubSpot’s marketing software to help determine what content is bringing folks to your page and which isn’t. Those very same tools also allow us to optimize your content so that they receive premium placement on search engines, thus increasing your exposure on the web.
Try playing around with HubSpot’s free ‘Marketing Grader’ tool to get a feel of how you can begin optimizing your content.
About John Bonini
As the Marketing Director of IMPACT from 2013-May 2015, John lead the IMPACT marketing team. He also wrote for the HubSpot Blog, Social Media Examiner, and Convince & Convert among others. In his free time, John enjoys playing guitar, high-fives, and anything with marinara sauce.