Published on June 2nd, 2018
Any inbound marketer knows that a campaign is only as good as the strategy behind it. The same applies to your brand's Facebook page.
Posting to your Facebook audience without understanding who's in it and what type of content they want is like showering and doing your hair before hitting the gym– it's a waste of time and energy.
The good news is that Facebook has a powerful and insightful - pun intended - analytics tool called Facebook Insights that allows you to easily measure the performance of your business page.
Whether you need help engaging with your audiences or providing them with better, more entertaining content, Facebook Insights (available to all page admins) can give you some of the best tips and tools for boosting your business' success on Facebook.
On-Demand Webinar: Facebook Video Marketing: Increase Your Reach, Results, & Revenue with VOD & Live Broadcasts!In this dynamic webinar, premier Facebook marketing expert, Mari Smith, will guide you through her step-by-step process for generating more leads and sales using video on Facebook.Watch the Recording
First off, Facebook Insights can give you valuable information about who your customer base is, such as who follows you, where they are, how old they are, and more.
Facebook Insights also covers your competition. Using the tool, you can track their posts and engagement in order to get ideas for your own business or simply see what you're up against.
In addition, Insights can tell you the best time of day to post, the best day of the week to post, and what type of content is most popular in any given timeframe. It can even help you track the number of active users on your page so that you can better understand your page's performance.
It's also worth noting that the tool is constantly updated to reflect your page’s developments and any patterns that may form. So, data-nerds rejoice: the more you check back on your Insights page the better conclusions you can draw from the performance of your posts.
So how do you get the most out of Facebook Insights and start improving your strategy on Facebook?
In this infographic, Business Backer shares valuable statistics and actionable tips for each of the major components of Facebook Insights, so that you can turn your Facebook page into a vital lead generation tool.
Here are some of the main highlights:
- Pages to Watch can give you data from similar Facebook pages (like your competition) so you can compare tactics and make adjustments.
- Net Likes - Your week-over-week likes, telling you how many you've gained and lost. You also learn where the likes come from, such as from your page, page suggestions, or search.
- Reach - How many people have see your posts, when people have recommended your brand in posts and comments, and breaks down your different kinds of engagement.
- Page Views - Valuable information on where and how people are viewing your pages/posts.
- Actions - Phone number clicks, Website clicks, Direction clicks, and a comprehensive demographic breakdown of each.
- People helps you see your fans and followers, with breakdowns on demographic information so you know who your best audiences are.
Be sure to read and share the full infographic below!