You're sold on inbound marketing, but what about your boss?
If you're having some trouble convincing your boss to jump on board, it's important that you remember that the way you both perceive value is very different.
Sure, it's easy for you to see how inbound marketing and an investment in a marketing automation software could simplify your day, but what your boss really cares about is numbers.“What’s the return on my investment? Will this increase our profit margin? Market share?”
So before you jump the gun, it's critical that you do your homework. We've done ours, and we came up with a list of 25 compelling statistics that will have your boss thinking differently about inbound marketing.
15 Inbound Marketing Stats Your Boss Needs to Read:
1. Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing. (HubSpot)[Click to Tweet]
3. 59% of all Twitter users have visited B2B tech brand sites, compared to 40% of the average population. (Source: Compete and Twitter)[Click to Tweet]
4. Email marketing has 2x higher ROI than cold calling, networking or tradeshows. (Custom Content Council)[Click to Tweet]
5. 200 million Americans have registered their phone numbers on the FTC’s “Do Not Call” list. (HubSpot)[Click to Tweet]
6. Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (The Annuitas Group) [Click to Tweet]
7. 67% of B2C companies and 41% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through Facebook. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
8. 3 out of 4 inbound marketing channels cost less than any outbound channel. (HubSpot)[Click to Tweet]
9. Leads generated with SEO were more than 7x more likely to close than outbound-sourced leads. (HubSpot)[Click to Tweet]
10. Relevant emails drive 18x more revenue than broadcast emails. (Jupiter Research)[Click To Tweet]
11. Mobile Googling alone will exceed over 27 billion search queries by 2016 globally. (Infographic Design Team) [Click to Tweet]
12. Blogs give websites on average 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links. (Inbound Writer) [Click to Tweet]
13. 77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media. (War of Words: Myth-Busting Social Media, SEO and Content Marketing) [Click to Tweet]
14. Inbound marketers double the average site conversion rate, from 6% to 12% total. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
15. Content marketing produces 3 times more leads per dollar. (Kapost) [Click to Tweet]
Download The Beginner’s Guide to Inbound Marketing
Fill out the form below to read the full interactive guide.
About Carly Stec
Before joining the HubSpot team as a Staff Writer for the Marketing and Agency Blogs, Carly was the Content Marketing Manager at IMPACT from October 2013-January 2015. She has a strong affinity for anything Kate Spade, and always kept a wide variety of English Tea in her desk during her time here.
Connect with Carly Stec
Wait! Before you go..
Free Guide: Master the 10 Essentials of an Inbound Marketing Website
We’re sharing our secrets with our loyal readers. Subscribe and download your free guide now!