Published on August 16th, 2018
This episode of the Hubcast is brought to you by Belch.io.
We are riding the high from IMPACT Live 2018, but don't worry, we're not just going to be gushing about it in this episode.
Instead, we want to share some of the most valuable things we took away from the event.
Highlights from IMPACT Live
Marcus gave his first presentation on IMPACT’s Inbound Manifesto. Here's a sneak peek:
Inbound is a mindset, a philosophy and culture.
To be inbound is to be helpful, with an obsession with leading others to be successful.
When we embrace inbound, we have a positive and lasting impact on the growth of other people, businesses, organizations, our communities, and ourselves.
- We believe trust is the most important currency for any business, and that achieving trust requires radical honesty and active transparency.
- We believe there is power in community and that collaboration, cooperation, and communication will lift us all up and contribute to mutual understanding and success.
- We believe there is always room for growth, and education will empower us and those around us to maximize our growth potential.
- We believe that by doing our best to make people and their organizations successful:
- We will make the world a better place.
- We will enrich the lives of those around us.
- We will inspire others to do the same (“pay it forward”).
- We will achieve long-lasting success for ourselves.
- How our beliefs shape our approach and business
IMPACT is inspiring, educating, and empowering people and organizations to overcome common obstacles and create breakthroughs and build a world where we go out of our way to help others be successful.
If you got one of these awesome Inbound Manifesto posters at the event - send us a picture of where you're displaying it!
[Now Live] Front Office Technology You're Probably Not Taking Advantage Of
My presentation was in the Tools & Technology section of the event.
In the US in 2016, 37% of software purchased was never used.
That means even more of that software is purchased and either never used, or very seldom used - and HubSpot is no exception.
In order to get the most out of the tools we're spending our money on every month, we have to do the following things:
- Educate ourselves constantly and engage in the greater community around the tool
- Think strategically outside the tool, and view the tool as a way to execute on the strategies you're already developing
- Ask for help, and be actively involved in finding the answer
- Own it. Make the choice to be the subject matter expert for your organization
This Episode’s Sponsor: Belch.io
Belch.io is the first truly visual builder that allows marketers of all skillsets to build custom landing pages, website pages, and emails specifically for HubSpot without needing to know how to code.
The Belch.io builder makes every marketer a HubSpot developer and reduces HubSpot development time and costs by 90%.
[Now Live] Conversations
“Conversations, the universal inbox that includes live chat, team email, and an easy-to-use chatbot builder, is now live to all HubSpot users.”
Conversations is FREE! You can get started with chat and a universal inbox immediately. You even get access to basic lead qualification chatbots (no custom branching logic unless you’re on Pro or Enterprise)!
[Sunset] Persona Tagging in Workflows
“We’re removing the setting that lets you tag a workflow with a persona and filter by personas on the Workflows home page. This feature will no longer be available in Workflows come August 9th, 2018.”
Personas in HubSpot - are they fading out? Or do we just need to think about them differently?
Until Next Time
If you’re listening on iTunes - head on over and leave us a review! We love hearing your feedback, so feel free to leave some in the comments, or shoot me an email at cduffy[AT]impactbnd.com!
Until next time. This is Carina Duffy & Marcus Sheridan saying to you, go out into the world and do some happy HubSpotting!