Published on April 15th, 2018
I have a confession to make: I have a problem with Retail Therapy.
Sometimes, I get happy or sad (or even just bored) and want to buy something. Clothes, food, anything.
I know, it’s terrible, but I take solace in the fact that I'm not alone.
People are emotional creatures. When it comes to shopping, our emotions and mental states can change drastically as we go from Awareness to Consideration and ultimately, Decision Making.
As any great inbound marketer, it’s our job to know and understand these emotional states and align our strategies to give consumers what they need during them to feel comfortable making a purchase.
Check out these highlights then read and share the full infographic below:
- Some of the most effective emotions to evoke in your Marketing are: Trust, Belonging, and Guilt.
- Charitable letters using emotional copy receive 2x higher donations than those that don't.
- 31% of advertisers and Marketers report seeing significant gains with emotional campaigns.
- Shorter, simpler words are more emotionally effective than longer synonymous. (i.e. "Tough" or "hard" is more effective than "difficult.")
- Using the word "FREE" is more effective than offering any other discount.