Published on November 6th, 2018
I'm sure we've all been there before -- you presented an amazing idea to your client, agreed on next steps, and then while in the midst of the project, got news that something needs to change or an item wasn't approved by the right person, sending your project into a tailspin.
How do you communicate they don't have the budget to redo the work? Will the account be at risk if the client doesn't take the news well?
Tough conversations like these can be the most stressful part your job.
After 8 years managing projects and working for various agencies, I can confidently say that following this five-step process will guarantee help get you through these harder conversations through effective communication.
Listen in as Marcella and I discuss how to have tough but effective conversations with clients and clearly outline our five-step process to follow during your call.
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- Getting started -- how to prepare for your conversation
- 5 steps for effective communication
- Determine other decision makers
- Get it in writing
- 5 Simple Steps for Handling Difficult Conversions Better
- How to Have Difficult Conversations with Clients
- 7 Ways to Have a Difficult Conversation Without Losing Your Client
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator's Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...