"Getting People to Know You Exist:" The IMPACT Show Ep.12 [Show Notes]
Before you can earn a fan, let alone a sale, people need to know you exist.
If you're not seeing success building awareness, this week on The IMPACT Show Bob and Nick shared their 7 tips for breaking through and getting people to know you exist. They also talked about IMPACT Live (and 5 other can't-miss conferences and events), what marketers can learn from sketch comedy show, SNL, and HubSpot's acquisition of Kemvi.
Just in case you missed us live (or if you want to relive the magic), you’ll find the episode’s show notes below as well as the recording.
Enjoy and make sure to share with your peers!
Like what you saw? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and give us a review.
Have feedback or questions? We’d love to hear it. Comment on this blog or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Marketers Can Learn From SNL's Best Season Yet
- This was the most watched season in 24 years.
- Here are some things marketers can learn:
- Not only creating live content but pre-produced content as well
- Find a way to adapt, don't get stuck in the usual content you're regularly posting. SNL adapted to Snapchat.
- Showcase "backstage" behind the scenes looks at your company.
- Adapt to different times of the week and your audience's preferences.
- Full Article Here on ThinkGrowth
HubSpot Acquires Kemvi
- HubSpot acquires Kemvi to bring more AI into its sales and marketing platform
- The two-person Kemvi team recently launched DeepGraph, a product that analyzes public data so salespeople can identify the best time (say, after a job change or the publication of an article) to reach out to potential customers. It also proactively reaches out to verify leads.
- HubSpot acknowledged “AI” and “machine learning” are buzzwords that get thrown around a lot right now, but they found Kemvi particularly appealing because it addressed a real need among salespeople.
- Read Full Press Release Here
Upcoming Marketing Events & Conferences
These are the 6 marketing events and conferences coming up that we’ll be watching and attending, and you should too.
- IMPACT Live
- Hosted by IMPACT and The Sales Lion
- August 1-2, at the Society Room in Hartford, CT
- Expecting 200 attendees
- Speakers include: Marcus Sheridan, Bob, Mark Roberge, Mike Volpe, Pete Caputa Channel Partner super stars Tiffany Saunders of Element3 and Tara Robertson of Sprout Social
- At this point, we’re sold out, so see you there or live on Facebook for select segments we’ll be broadcasting right from our page!
- Content Marketing World
- Hosted by the Content Marketing Institute
- Sep 5-8 at Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
- Around 3,600 attendees
- Keynotes include Linda Boff, CMO of GE, Jay Acunzo, host of Unthinkable, and more.
- Of course, our friend, Joe Pulizzi will be there.
- This is one of the more expensive shows, with an all-access pass costing $2,395.00
- Hosted by Drift
- September 25th (day before INBOUND) at the State Room in Boston
- I would expect around 1,000 attendees
- Speakers include David Cancel, Mike Volpe, Olympic medalist Nastia Liukin, and more
- Tickets as low as $299
- Hosted by HubSpot
- Sept 25-28 at the Boston Convention Center
- Expect between 15k and 20k attendees
- Keynotes include Michelle Obama, Adam Grant, Brene Brown, Brian & Dharmesh, and more.
- We dove deep into INBOUND in episode 11 of the IMPACT Show, so check that out.
- You can get an all access pass now for $1,499 or a community pass for $499
- All about marketing, technology, and management
- Hosted by Chiefmartech.com
- Oct 2-4 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston
- Speakers include Scott Brinker, Travis Wright, Mike Volpe, & Robert Scoble
- They have a pass called the Expo+ pass for only $79
- B2B Marketing Forum
- Hosted by Ann Handley and Marketingprofs
- Oct 3-6 at the Boston Westin Waterfront
- Speakers include Ann Handley, Christopher Penn, and more.
- They usually have around 1,000 attendees
- Conference ticket will run you $1,695 through the rest of the month
Main Topic: “Breaking Through: Getting People to Know You Exist”
- Know your target customer
- Test assumptions, you need to talk to them. Solve for them. Better than anyone else.
- Market changes… new problems arise.
- valuable, sharable, easy to use, and free:
- Could be a free part of your product or service.
- Think HubSpot grader, mortgage calculators, pipe measurement tools, chrome extensions, free apps.. etc.
- Make it shareable
- Bring clients, team members, etc.
- There’s a lot of great tips online
- Need to generate initial users, excited people whose lives are now easier.
- Collect emails if possible. Certainly, have a plan to retarget/nurture.
- Writers, editors, speakers, thought leaders, influential people. Check out Episode 9.
- Get out of your office and meet them face to face. -Small Conferences/meetups are great for this.
We would love your comments! Feel free to send us an email or comment on the Facebook thread.
If you really liked it, please give us a 5-star review on iTunes. Review offer: We have a special price for the first 10 people to leave us reviews on iTunes (hopefully 5-stars). After you do, send us an email at email@example.com so we know it’s all set.
Join Us Next Week! Topic: Generating Leads Online When You’re on a Budget.
We'll be back again next Thursday, August 3rd at 1:00 PM ET. Want to get reminded? Drop us your name and email address below and we’ll make sure you’re notified before the broadcast every Thursday!
About Ramona Sukhraj
As Content Marketing Manager, Ramona approaches marketing not only as a profession, but as a creative outlet. She has a passion for all things artistic and strives to create content that is educational, yet quirky and entertaining as well. With a B.S. in Marketing from the UCONN School of Business, Ramona is a frequent contributor to the HubSpot blog and a nonprofit consultant. Outside of IMPACT, she is a design, movie, and pop culture buff, and a fierce advocate of free hugs.