Published on November 28th, 2017
This episode marks a pretty significant milestone for us at Creator's Block -- it's our 50th episode!
(I would normally make some joke about how our podcast is now "over the hill," but given that 50 is the new 40, which some say is the new 30, I'd say we're lookin' pretty good.)
In addition to reflecting on how far we've come with our little podcast for creative pros and marketers, this week was dedicated to a topic that is so much a part of everything we do for work each day -- and we mean that quite literally:
What it's really like to work from home.
For many, working from home full-time can sound like a dream. However, no matter where you are hunkering down, work is still work. And making the choice that where you sleep and unwind is also going to be your office brings with it its own set of challenges.
How do you set boundaries? How do you stay connected with the rest of your team? How does it impact our personal lives and relationships?
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- Our typical at-home routines.
- What we like about working from home -- and what we don't like.
- Our real feelings about working in offices with open floorplans.
- How working from home has impacted our personal relationships -- in particular, our romantic partners.
- The paranoia that people will think we aren't working.
- What we miss about working in an office environment.
- How working from home impacts our ability to feel like we're a part of the team.
- What is the biggest misconception about working from home?
Resources We Discussed
In case you couldn't tell, Jessie-Lee, Marcella, and I complement each other, but we each have very different personalities. Which means we also have very different at-home work setups.
Can you guess the owner of each desk?
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator's Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator's Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Jessie-Lee: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...