Published on April 17th, 2018
Our topic? One of the most powerful communication techniques Kathleen taught me back in the day at Quintain, which also has the worst name in the history of space and time: the carefrontation.
Yes, it's a goofy word. But if you work on a team or you're a people manager -- or have any aspirations of the latter -- you need to know how to give and receive carefrontations.
So, what is a carefrontation? Why do they work, and how do you have one? That's what we dissect in this episode.
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- What is a carefrontation? And where did that terrible word from?
- What are some examples?
- Why did you introduce the idea at Quintain and now at IMPACT
- Why are carefrontations important? What are the benefits?
- What are the essential elements of a carefrontation?
- What are the most important carefrontation no-no’s?
Resources We Discussed
- Ep. 39: How to Thrive When Change Happens
- Quintain & IMPACT Have Joined Forces: Here's Why (& A Lesson for All)
- Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott (book)
- "Interview with Radical Candor author Kim Scott" (MarketHer, Ep. 25)
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator's Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator's Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
- Kathleen: Twitter, Instagram
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...