Published on November 21st, 2017
While Jessie-Lee, Marcella, and I would love to pretend our moments of creative genius are an effortless and ever-flowing constant, that's not reality.
Do we have talent in spades? Of course.
But, in addition to our education and experience, each of us calls upon a different set of applications and tools in our own creative toolboxes to execute, create, and deliver for our colleagues and clients.
So, this week, in honor of Thanksgiving, we're pulling back the curtain on a few of the simple, yet powerful apps we're most thankful for.
They help us with our day-to-day tasks, inspire us, and -- on occasion -- utterly transform how we do our jobs.
(And trust us when we say you don't need to be a creative professional to use them -- we have a sneaking suspicion many of you marketers out there will love a few of these, as well.)
Listen to the Episode
Our Favorite Creative Apps & Tools
- HubSpot (Jessie-Lee)
- Snatchr Chrome Extension (Jessie-Lee)
- Color Picker (Jessie-Lee)
- Invision & Craft/Sync (Marcella)
- Dribbble (Marcella)
- 750words.com (Liz)
- Recordit.co (Liz)
750words.com Metrics Example
Other Resources We Discussed
- Liz's trusted Thanksgiving corn casserole recipe
- Also, Ina Garten's herb-roasted turkey breast recipe
- The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
- The Terrible Self-Help Book Is Actually Making Me a Better Artist from The Cut
- HubSpot Website Redesign Improves UX, Increases Conversions (Recordit.co example)
- 4 Free Apps That Will Make You a Content Rockstar
- How to Start a Bullet Journal from Buzzfeed
- Marcella Jalbert on Dribbble
And Finally, Marcella's Rules
If you want to know what this is, you'll need to listen in.
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator's Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator's Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Jessie-Lee: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week...