The 36 Most Powerful Blog Promotion Tips You’re Ignoring [Infographic]
You could have the greatest blog this side of the Mississippi, but if no one’s reading it, what good is it doing your business?
To truly succeed at blogging for business long-term, you need to find and keep an avid audience.
While a great deal of this comes back search engine optimization, there are also many other actionable things you can do before and after you hit publish to get more eyes (and new eyes) on your content.
In this infographic by ReferralCandy, 36 of the most effect blog promotion tactics uncovered by Brian Lang of the Small Business Ideas Blog from dozens of industry experts. Ranging from targeted distribution to milking old content, the piece is full of invaluable advice.
ReferralCandy - Refer-a-friend Programs for Ecommerce Stores
Here’s a breakdown of everything covered:
#1: Before Everything Else, You Blog’s Gotta Rock
- Be helpful
- Be unique
- Tell stories
- Quote experts
- Respond quickly to trends
#2: Make Sure Your Content/Blog is SEO-optimized
- Do proper keyword research
#3: Incorporate Visuals
- Create original images
- Make images more effective with text overlay
- Use Images to attract traffic
- Invest in your content’s design
- Create visual content
#4: Build & Use Relationships
- Build real relationships with people first
- Build a loyal audience
- Share other’s content
- Use social media to network and engage -- not spam!
- Be human on social media
#5: Know Your Target Audience
- Really, really understand your audience
- Match your content to the needs of your targeted audience
#6: Reach Out Via Email
- Email people that you mentioned
- Collect leads
- Send better email
- Email people according to content topic and interest
#7: Perform Targeted Distribution
- Share with those who have already shared similar content
- Send your content to specific targets
- Reach out to Influencers
- Prioritize promoters
- Tag/mention relevant people
- Add content when sharing
- Get as much personal exposure as possible
#8: Capitalize on Social Media
- Take note of timing
- Share in more places
- Retweet for visibility
- Multiple tweets/shares at intervals
- Milk older content for its worth
- Use Pinterest
#9: Make it Happen
- Take Action!
About Ramona Sukhraj
As Content Marketing Manager, Ramona approaches marketing not only as a profession, but as a creative outlet. She has a passion for all things artistic and strives to create content that is educational, yet quirky and entertaining as well. With a B.S. in Marketing from the UCONN School of Business, Ramona is a frequent contributor to the HubSpot blog and a nonprofit consultant. Outside of IMPACT, she is a design, movie, and pop culture buff, and a fierce advocate of free hugs.