After a long week, everyone needs a little break from social media posting, sending emails, and creating content.
You might even need a little break from reading the typical blog article.
There is nothing better than a little motivation from experts throughout the inbound marketing industry.
With more people using a DVR and spending a huge chunk of time "surfing" the Internet and engaging on social media, marketers are realizing that traditional marketing is becoming less and less effective.
That is where content marketing comes in. Allowing you to attract and education your audience with relevant information.
Without further ado, here's some motivating content marketing quotes from experts including David Ogilvy, Gary Vaynerchuck, and Seth Godin.
30 Content Marketing Words of Wisdom
1. "Stop Writing about Everything. So many brands create content and try to cover everything, instead of focusing on the core niche that they can position themselves as an expert around. No one cares about your special recipe... Find your niche, and then go even more niche." - Joe Pulizzi, Tweet This!
21. “Do not address your readers as though they were gathered together in a stadium. When people read your copy, they are alone. Pretend you are writing to each of them a letter on behalf of your client.” - David Ogilvy, Tweet This!
22. "Traditional marketing and advertising is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world that you are one." - Robert Rose, Tweet This!
23. "A successful content marketing strategy is dependent on how well you know the customer’s information needs. Listening is required." - Joe Pulizzi, Tweet This!
24. "Good content isn't about good storytelling. It's about telling a true story well." - Ann Handley, Tweet This!
25. "Engagement is the best metric to measure content marketing." - Ninan Chacko, Tweet This!
29. "My theory is that in the age of the internet, it's what you write, not where you write it, that matters." - Dan Lyons, Tweet This!
30. "Quit counting fans, followers, and blog subscribers like bottle caps. Think, instead, about what you're hoping to achieve with and through the community that actually cares about what you're doing." - Amber Naslund, Tweet This!
GET IT NOW
About Carolyn Edgecomb
Before moving into a portfolio management position, Carolyn was a key contributor to the IMPACT blog. (In case you thought she sounded familiar.)
Nowadays, as our Community Coordinator, she manages and maintains the logistics of daily, weekly, and monthly operations from a portfolio management perspective to ensure each client, Pod, and the overall Community is performing at an acceptable level.
You might call her the queen of post-it notes and organization. With a passion for all things inbound marketing and project management, she is always looking for new ways to improve our client services department.
Outside of IMPACT, you'll find her on Pinterest, listening to country music, reading a book or trying out a new recipe.