20 Tweetable Quotes to Inspire Creative Genius [SlideShare]
Let’s face it, when your job is to be creative all the time, it’s easy to fall into a slump.
The tasks you once saw as new and exciting, have now become just another part of your routine. You’ve lost the spark you once had, the flame has dwindled, you’ve lost the twinkle in your eye...
Okay, maybe it’s not that dramatic. Maybe you’re just plain not feeling creative today.
Creative slumps happen to the best of us. That’s why I think it’s so important to not just work hard, but to take some time out, relax, and remember why you’re a Creative to begin with.
Whether it’s reading, visiting an art gallery, or endlessly scrolling through Pinterest images, one of the best quick fixes I know of is to find inspiration in others. So for your next dry spell, I’ve compiled “20 Tweetable Quote to Inspire Creative Genius”. Enjoy!
- “Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.” - Rita Mae Brown [Click to Tweet]
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.” - Margaret Mead [Click to Tweet]
- "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso [Click to Tweet]
- "Creativity is one of the last remaining legal ways of gaining an unfair advantage over the competition." - Ed McCabe [Click to Tweet]
- "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." - Albert Einstein [Click to Tweet]
- "An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde [Click to Tweet]
- "Go where the silence is and say something." - Amy Goodman [Click to Tweet]
- "There are no rules here. We're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas Edison [Click to Tweet]
- "Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it." - Dee Hock [Click to Tweet]
- “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” - Vincent Van Gogh [Click to Tweet]
- “The reason that art...is valuable is precisely why I can’t tell you how to do it. If there were a map, there’d be no art, because art is the act of navigating without a map.” - Seth Godin [Click to Tweet]
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” - Leo Burnett [Click to Tweet]
- “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.” - Peter F. Drucker [Click to Tweet]
- “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” - Joseph Chilton Pierce [Click to Tweet]
- “The air is full of ideas. They are knocking you in the head all the time. You only have to know what you want, then forget it, and go about your business. Suddenly, the idea will come through. It was there all the time.” - Henry Ford [Click to Tweet]
- “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” - Mary Lou Cook [Click to Tweet]
- “Listen to anyone with an original idea, no matter how absurd it may sound at first. If you put fences around people, you get sheep. Give people the room they need.” - William McKnight [Click to Tweet]
- “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney [Click to Tweet]
- “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” - Bertrand Russell [Click to Tweet]
- “The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective - people who know to see a problem as an opportunity.”- Deepak Chopra [Click to Tweet]
About Marcella Jalbert
Marcella is a graphic designer who is always eager to learn & innovate. Using her background in art & busines, she works to create design that is both beautiful & functional. When she’s not glued to her computer she enjoys singing with her a capella group, drawing, playing video games, hanging out with her three pups, & spreading good vibes.