Every web design company has a signature way to develop their clients’ sites. Some center around graphics and layout while others focus on content and information. However, the IMPACT team takes a unique approach as we design some of the most user-friendly and engaging websites for our clientele. Here is what takes us to the next level:
- Initial Consultation — This is one of the most important pieces of a web design process as we create a fully detailed definition of the design project. Through a client interview either over the phone or in person, we are able to truly understand comprehend the goals of your future website.
- Project Brief — To ensure that the information we received in the initial consultation was accurate and to your satisfaction, we create an overall brief of the project which includes: (1) definition of the project goals, (2) target audience profile, (3) perception of that audience, (4) your primary message, and (5) competitive advantage through competition analysis. Following the project brief, we develop a project scope which is a document that outlines exactly what will happen throughout the development which maintains our goal of 100% transparency and open communication.
- Site Diagram — Getting to the meat and potatoes of the site is the site diagram which is a visual representation of the site structure. However, this is not just us doing the work and leaving you in the dark; the IMPACT team allows you to review the site structure and provide feedback until the structure is to your satisfaction.
- Content Development — Whether your current site has existing content or you are starting with fresh content, we will work closely with you to create engaging and unique content that will deliver your consistent brand message and emphasize the benefits of your company. As many clients often choose to have this completed by the IMPACT team, we also allow the clientele to create their own content as well (if requested).
- Wireframe — If the site diagram is the meat and potatoes, the wireframe is the garnish that makes the presentation stand out. As a non-graphical layout of your website, we create a simple drawing of functionality and information for each page of your unique site. Included in the wireframe are elements like: (1) navigation, (2) images, (3) content, and (4) other functional elements like search bars and footers. This is a completely interactive process with you, the client, as we ask for your feedback during the drawing process.
- Designing — Now it’s time to put everything together! This is the fun part as your site truly starts to take form into something tangible. With information from the site diagram, project scope, and wireframe to design site images through Photoshop and other design software which allows us to ensure the overall design process is done correctly the first time around. Following the initial Photoshop design, we ask for your feedback yet again to confirm that our finished product is something that will meet/exceed your expectations.
- Building — After we get the overall design down, it is time for us to get to the coding of the site and express all areas of functionality which had been outlined.
- Testing and Post-Meeting — This is where we truly want to excel for you, the client. Our web design process is structured to meet and/or exceed your expectations in the first attempt. However, we implement a rigorous testing procedure that encompasses all areas of your website including: spell checking and grammar, functionality of links, code validity, accessibility, browser resolution and compatibility, connectivity, usability, and search engine optimization. Following these testing procedures, we meet with you to ensure that you are happy with the site that we created.
- Launch — This is the day that you have been waiting for…the site launch of your brand new, refreshed, unique, user-friendly, engaging, and content-rich website that satisfies the needs of your company as well as your clientele.
The be-all and end-all with the IMPACT team is that we want this process to be as stress-free for you as possible and every aspect of our design process is meant to relieve any amount of anxiety associated with your website design. From step one to the launch, we are in constant contact with you throughout the process as we aim to ensure your complete and utter satisfaction. Yes, there are other web design firms out there, but none that take your best interests into such high regard during the development process.
If website design is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.
“The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Marketing”-E-Book
Image Source: HubSpot, “The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing”, E-Marketer.com