With the incredible leaps and bounds internet engineers are making today, websites and online technology change almost as much as meteorologists alter their weather forecasts. However, staying in tune with all of the technology advances and website features gives you an unprecedented advantage over your competition. In fact, here are five of those traffic-driving reasons that you need to update your website consistently:
- Sky-Rocket Search Engine Rankings — Let’s be honest here; your current clientele (while they will visit your site periodically for product or service updates) are not going to be frequenting your site multiple times per day. This means that you have to figure out ways to increase your search engine rankings for all of your keywords and their respective landing pages. So, if you are able to regularly update your site, you provide yourself with the opportunity to increase your search engine rankings as well which will drive new targeted traffic to your site and, consequently, your business.
- Escalate Your Traffic — Aside from the impact that updating your site has on search engine rankings, the above facet mentioned the lack of engagement from your current clientele. Well, that is until you change their visiting behavior with the only thing that you can control…your website’s content. In other words, you are going to change the way your current site visitor’s behave when they browse through the web by enticing them with consistently updated fresh content which will increase loyalty and drive overall traffic.
- Enhance Visitor Experience — Tying directly into the increased traffic and search engine rankings come an enhanced visitor experience. So, to take it one step further, you are providing your visitors with an outstanding and unique experience as they visit your site and see new quality content on a daily basis. Your updated content will result in more page visits, more time spent on the site, and more loyal visitors.
- Alleviate Maintenance Headaches — If you’re utilizing a content management system like WordPress, you don’t have to worry about the maintenance of your updates. In other words, you can somewhat set it and forget it with a scheduling option, spell checking systems, keyword and search engine optimization features, and overall innate maintenance features that leave you to love updating your site frequently.
- Social Networking Advantages — And, finally, updating your website on a consistent basis with best-in-class content that make you an industry authority will almost indefinitely lead to an increased social networking impact. So, the more content that you post that entices other individuals, you will see more Likes, Shares, ReTweets, Connections, etc. All of these online social sharing results in increased exposure for you and a better revenue stream.
So, with all that in mind, do you have an update plan for your website? Do you have an idea of what will entice your audience to come back for more? Do you have a strategy to leverage your current social media and/or your current clientele to grow your website and business?
Those are the next questions that we’ll try to help you answer here at the IMPACT Learning Center. Until then, leave your questions and comments in the section below or contact us today for immediate online marketing solutions.
If search engine optimization (SEO) or website design is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.
“The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Marketing”-E-Book
Image Source: HubSpot, “The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing”, E-Marketer.com
FREE eBook: Website Redesign 101
Make sure you’re going into a redesign for the right reasons. Website redesign is a continuous process, and just as much about functionality as it is design.