We tackle so much information within the content we publish for our blog that it is only fair to include some personality to our posts. With that said, there are thousands upon thousands of websites that allow their users to somewhat disengage from reality (if even for a few seconds), but there are only ten that make our list of websites that we are thankful for. Have a look and we hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
- At Number 10, the Fail Blog allows us to take a step back and realize that not everything can be taken so seriously in life through pointing out some of the massive failures throughout the world. However, not only can you view tons of failed attempts from other businesses, but you can also contribute material that you discover as well through an “upload” button on their site.
- Number 9 goes into a little more e-commerce and less on the entertainment side, but the ranking does goes to Overstock. Yes, there is a huge debate as to whether Overstock is better than Amazon (or vice versa), but the bottom line rests with the fact that both of these sites are out there to help you – the consumer. So, as much as I’d love to sit and debate with you about which site takes the cake, I am going to venture to Overstock and take advantage of their awesome deals on everything from office supplies to sporting equipment!
- The infamous golfing snowman (number 8 to those non-golfers out there) goes to the unique StumbleUpon. With the amount of time that I spend surfing websites for innovative layouts, I can cut down all of that browsing time with one terrific website and get content-centered sites as well through Stumble. So, instead of wasting my time going back and forth from search results to web page, I can just stay within one site and keep the new sites coming with a single click and I can also network within the site as well. Overall, one of my personal favorite websites and our number 8.
- Getting back to our more entertainment related websites, our number 7 website for which we are thankful goes to TotallyLooksLike. Not only can I look through images that are hilarious, but I can also customize the site to make me laugh even more as well as share what I think is funny or comical. So, as a social networking website that is solely based on entertainment (and pretty much so nothing else), TotallyLooksLike.com totally gets my vote.
- Sitting pretty at number 6 is Fark — the unique website that pulls in and headlines some of the most interesting and odd-ball news throughout the world. You have the opportunity to network through comments and customization of your very own Fark profile within which you can specify which news is your favorite. Overall, Fark is one of the most interesting sites because of the variety of information and how it is presented to you.
- Getting to our number 5 website for which we are thankful is WonderHowTo. Listen, if you ever wanted to know how to do something then this is the right site for you. You can learn about cooking turkeys to skiing and then learn how to ride a motorcycle. However, what surprises me the most about this site is their ability to come up with consistent content each and every day.
- Not to sound cliche, but our number 4 website goes to Facebook. As utterly the largest social network around and one that is continuously looking to improve their experience, Facebook welcomes almost every demographic category. With this site I can network with friends and family and immediately switch gears to market/promote for my company with unbelievable ease.
- As our number 3 site, YouTube (but more specifically the Related Videos section sidebar) provides some of the best and most time efficient entertainment around. There is no re-searching for videos after I receive my initial search results as the site provides suggestions as to which videos I could potentially want to watch. And, the kicker is that they are almost always on target with their assumptions!
- Getting down to the nitty gritty of our websites for which to be thankful, Twitter take our number 2 spot. With the new evolution of Twitter and its capabilities to network with people without sharing every detail of your life (like Facebook), Twitter allows you to keep your ear to the ground and learn about what your friends and colleagues are doing on a regular basis.
- And, finally, our number 1 website that we are thankful for goes to (drum roll, please) — Google. My homepage on each of my computers and (truthfully) the very first place that I go to each and every day is Google. With their instant search, their local search, and (soon to be) large social network and internet television, Google is taking the necessary steps to be even larger than they are today.
Hopefully we have given you a few seconds to release from your normal daily schedule and enjoy a few of these websites with us.
If social media marketing is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.