Google has become one of the largest enterprises throughout the world wide web. From Google Analytics to Google Adwords, and Reader to Calendar, you can find just about anything you need within the Google world. However, behind all of these great programs there are many more great features, and one of the best feature-rich programs is Google Maps. Here is a quick list of the most pertinent and useful mashable features that Google Maps has to offer:
- Map Builder – This feature allows you to tag various locations on a map and publish it on your site. With this feature, you can either work with Google Maps or work separately from the Google enterprise. For what it’s worth, I think that Google Maps provides quite a bit of useful information so that you don’t have to start from scratch creating a map.
- MapMyPage — This is, by far, the easiest way to include Google Maps on your contact page within your website. All you have to do is copy and paste one line of code into your page and presto chango you have your very own Google Map on your site.
- Map My Life — I, personally, like this feature if you own a business that either has multiple branches, or does business throughout the nation or world. This shows a map of where you have been in a given period of time as well as provides a detailed xml map of the visits in that certain time period.
- Geo Twitter — Like the app name states, this allows you to position yourself within your tweets so that your clientele know where you are tweeting from. There is, however, an exact replica of this application that Twitter uses. So, this is more or less your personal preference whether to use Twitter’s version or this.
- PdMarker — This is one of my favorite apps to add to the Google Maps program primarily because it affords you the opportunity to customize the marker of the maps. You can change it into your logo, a “You are here” button, or anything else you so choose.
As you can see, there are many more functions of Google Maps other than just a search and find directions engine. The program truly allows you to customize and broadcast unique individual maps that are tailored to help your audience find you more easily. If you have questions about how you can customize Google Maps to truly work for your site and your clientele feel free to leave a comment here or contact Impact.
If search engine optimization (SEO) or website design is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.
“The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Marketing”-E-Book
Image Source: HubSpot, “The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing”, E-Marketer.com
FREE eBook: Website Redesign 101
Make sure you’re going into a redesign for the right reasons. Website redesign is a continuous process, and just as much about functionality as it is design.