Chances are you’re reading this because you aren’t sure whether or not you want to hire an SEO agency. Let’s start off by exploring the negatives.
The first detractor is almost always cost. Many SEO agencies aren’t exactly cheap; you can expect to pay thousands of dollars to an agency – and as a company that’s just starting out on the web, there’s a good chance that you don’t have a whole lot of extra money to throw around to begin with!
Another “con” is that a lot of people out there claim to be SEO experts. But they aren’t. Someone who has gone to college and taken a class or two on internet marketing is by no means an SEO expert, nor should you be paying them a ton of money to take care of your SEO needs. You certainly have to do your research before you hire an agency, but don’t worry – we have a checklist all drawn up for you in a couple of segments so you’ll know just how to choose a quality agency.
A Quality Agency Provides Value
So let’s back up and explore the first negative – the cost factor. Yes, pouring thousands of dollars into your website by hiring on an agency may be initially painful, but think about it – do you know what you’re doing? Do you know how to make sure that your website is even coming up in search results at all? Do you know how to analyze your competition and make sure that your site, your products, and your services beat out theirs?
You want to make a name for yourself on the web. That’s why you have a website. If you want it to be a success, then you have to do it well. Failing to optimize your site correctly means that everyone who is a competitor will move ahead of you.
Failing to optimize your site correctly means that they get the money that you should be entitled to. Making one simple mistake in your SEO can cost you literally thousands of dollars in sales. And what’s even more scary is that a lot of businesses who fumble through in-house SEO by themselves don’t know how to fix the problem, or aren’t even aware that a problem exists.
Rank High in Google
Your site can be on page one of Google search results. Your page can be at the very top of any local web search that people in your area may do. This is becoming increasingly important as people are turning to the internet for phone numbers and business names instead of phone books.
If you still are thinking that not setting aside or creating some money in your business plan for an SEO agency is for you, think about what an SEO agency will do for your website, and think about whether or not you can give your site the same:
- An agency knows about all of the emerging, cutting edge SEO strategies and they’ll make sure that your site stays on top.
- You have access to the very best tools for analyzing both your marketing techniques and website, as well as the techniques and sites of your competitors.
- An agency will be able to teach you about SEO so that you’ll eventually be able to do a lot of the work – if not ALL of the work – on your own.
- You can always pass your ideas along to the experts. Use them as a sounding board and get their opinions and ideas. They’ll be able to turn your idea into something that’s workable and beneficial for your website.
- Agencies have access to a number of resources that you likely won’t have access to.
Skyrocket the Search Engines
Looking to improve your websites search engine ranking? Having trouble optimizing your website for Google? Give us a call at IMPACT and learn how we can help!