Like a bullet from a gun, business blogs have increased their popularity at an unspeakable rate throughout the past three years. In fact, it has become such a necessity for a company’s online marketing plan that a significant number of business owners in Connecticut who have not already jumped on the business blog bandwagon are noticing a decline in efficacy of their website. With that said, we want to make sure that if you do (and you should) open up a blog for your company that you take the right steps to making an impact on your audience. So, here are the top 6 features you absolutely need to have in your first blog post:
Share Who You Are & Establish a Face to the Name
- Who You Are — Yes, your audience will most likely current clientele already know who you and your company are, but the online audience that will find you through search engines doesn’t know you from the next Joe Business-Owner. To establish yourself with that target audience, you need to assert who you are, who the business is, who the writer’s will be, and any other pertinent information that the user can use to identify you and your brand. Not only will this help form a start to a relationship with the readers, but it will also identify yourself as an authority in your industry.
- Establish a Face to the Name — While identifying yourself, your writers, and your company to the audience, you have the outstanding opportunity to also put a face to the name. After all, first impressions last a lifetime. So, a few great features to add to your first blog post are professional images of you, your company, and your brand or brand image. Overall, this has a tremendous impact on your readers because it now forms a visual recognition with your brand and company.
Share The Most Important W’s: Why and What
- Why Are You Blogging — Transparency and utter honesty are two coveted characteristics in which very few companies truly elicit. However, you can take advantage of a significant opportunity to display your openness within your first blog publication. So, as you create your first post, make sure you include the reason you are blogging. For example, we (IMPACT) blog because we want to make sure that you (our audience) has the latest and greatest information to help your business in every way possible whether you choose to work with us or not. It is our goal to present you with an opportunity to improve your company both online and offline through tips, tricks, advice, and news. So, why do you blog?
- What Are You Blogging — Discounts, deals, advice, tips, or news? What are you blogging about? No matter what you are blogging about, you need to make sure that you tell your audience what content they can be expecting. If you come out with that information up front, your readership will be much more loyal because they will expect your content. This also puts you and your writers in a position to consistently deliver that information on a very high quality because you (officially) now specialize in that particular content according to your audience.
Share How They Can Provide Feedback & Contact You
- How Can They Provide Feedback — Believe it or not, your audience will want to leave you feedback either for their networking purposes, topic-related questions, or to leave their link to gain traffic to their site (yes, you will be used for links every now and then). However, if you don’t let them know the best way to provide feedback then they will (most likely) not provide that feedback to you and your writers. With that said, the easiest way to receive feedback is through the comments section of your blog. So, specify where the comment section is located on the page as well as any registration that may need to happen in order to leave feedback. Again, be transparent and let them know every detail to avoid any misinformation.
- How Can They Contact You — Some of your readers will not want to leave feedback through the comments section, but they will want to contact you directly to discuss the topic further or to ask for your services directly. To help them accomplish this and to help you convert traffic into revenue, you can allow them to have access to your direct contact information (i.e. physical address, phone number, fax line, e-mail address, etc). Remember, the idea is to give the audience as many routes to contact you as possible. Make it extraordinarily easy for them to get in touch with you which will also give the sense that you welcome the contact.
Overall, your first blog article has the unique potential to set the tone for your entire online marketing through your business blog. If you include the above six features within your post, you will set in motion a fantastic building block for an outstanding online reputation.
*IMPACT branding & design, LLC will customize blog management, search engine optimization, and social media marketing based on your unique business. For more information contact us today*
If blogging is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.