Generating sales is the ultimate prospect that every marketer wants to get with whatever strategies apply. But, in terms of inbound marketing, you need to wait a bit longer than the usual outbound marketing because it may take a little while to generate results. As inbound marketing strategies are solely online based, where search engine optimization plays a vital role, you therefore have to wait until your website is search engine optimized and is shown in search results.
By the way, there are three basic things that are focused in inbound marketing, creating content in a centralized website, optimizing it to the search engines, and using social media properly. What inbound marketers believe is that the more time you spend after inbound marketing, the better results you start getting. However, following is a list of important factors that are highly important for showing up in results.
- Age of your website: It really matters how old your website is. As inbound marketing is an entirely SEO based strategy, search engines consider the fact seriously that how long you have been using your website. The older your website is, the more it gets its acceptance to the search engines. So, if you are yet to start your business, get your website as soon as possible.
- Having adequate contents: If a website domain is treated as a skull, then the contents would be the flesh. The domain and the contents together make a website a complete one. But, the preliminary condition for marketing a website is that it must have to have adequate contents. That means, if your website deals with ‘inbound marketing’ and you want to market your website for books on inbound marketing or other things, you then must have enough content that is really helpful to the visitors. Now, the fact is that if you have more contents, search engines will filter your website quickly. However, sixdegreesseo.com estimates that by 2013, it is estimated there will be 142 million blog readers in the US.
- Inbound links: Inbound links prove how authoritative a website is. If your website has enough numbers of inbound links from some established website that would mean that your website is more authentic which plays vital roles in showing up your website on top of the search results.
- Online competition: It is true that there might be certain established competitors who are already operating businesses. It may take a while to see results of your inbound marketing if there are lots of competitors in the market. In that case, you may need some additional tasks that make your website more authoritative.
- Plans you initiate: The most important part of your inbound marketing is what specific plans you execute. For quicker results, you will have to give the marketing a lot of efforts. Creating website content, writing blogs, backlinking, social media marketing are some of the most common tasks. But, the truth is that the more efforts you give on your plans, the earlier you’ll see results.
Basically, search engine optimization is a constant process that has to be executed relentlessly. So, you will require posting content to the website on a constant basis, do the SEO work regularly and lot more. However, the following statistics on search engines will give you a clear idea why inbound marketing is becoming so vital. According to readwriteweb.com, 20 percent of searches on Google each day have NEVER been searched for before.
Anyway, in terms of specifying time frame, you may even have to wait for months to see your website in search results if you are launching a brand new company. But, on the other hand, there are plenty of established websites that have been operating business for years and for them, being on top is easier. In addition, the things that have been stated above are exclusively important and play vital roles in terms of how quickly you would see results.
Finally, though inbound marketing is treated as the next generation of marketing, you may need to wait a bit to get results because it requires more authenticity than advertising plus selling products like outbound marketing.
If inbound marketing is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.