There are several amazing results that systematically stem from a cutting edge website (of course, designed and maintained by IMPACT): (1) an increase in online and offline reputation, (2) an efficient delivery of your brand message, and (3) a decrease in the amount of free time you and your company has because of the increase of business. With these great benefits in mind, you now also have to consider the fact that constant unique content is now a requirement for your audience. To help you manage your blog, we have cooked up 8 techniques to help manage your time so you can continue the growth trend.
- Lists, Lists, and More Lists — As simple as this sounds, take each and every chance you have to list out (or add to) the topics of your publications. The biggest mistake with this, though, is the tentative nature that people innately display in their writing confidence. It’s important for you to realize that not every idea is publication ready; it takes time and patience, but the list will significantly help avoid the initial stages of writer’s block. It will also help with maintaining an end-goal with each article.
- Recycle Quality Content — While I absolutely do not suggest you copy and paste your most popular content, I highly recommend getting inspired from previous publications. Further, spend a few minute to look at your popular article and determine if you can take a different perspective or add to the benefits of the publication. This philosophy solely rests with the notion that your web users already liked that content so why reinvent the wheel.
- Guest Writers Galore — If you haven’t already ventured into asking your close professional contacts to step up and publish an article on your site (for free marketing), you truly do not understand what you are missing. As one of the best ways to introduce fresh content to your audience, you have a great opportunity to further help your website visitors by providing them with more beneficial content from a different voice.
- Edit the Editing — As much as you should go through and check for simple grammatical and spelling mistakes, you should not edit too much further than that. If you choose to go through and edit in two or three phases you start to lose your original voice and perspective. In other words, maintain your personality and initial point of view by not over-editing your article.
- Run Away and Walk Back — Once you are in the writing zone, it will take you no time to finish your initial publication draft. Following your final punctuation mark you need to make sure that you shut down your computer (save the document first, though), and get into something else as quickly as possible. The idea behind this relies on you getting your mind off your writing and then coming back to it when you are relaxed and ready to edit the original work so you can publish the composition after one edit.
- Content While You Commute — There are a significant number of us Connecticut residence who utilize the train, bus, plane, and other mass transit means of commuting. Why not take that time to get into your zone and write some great material? Truthfully, I have written some of my most popular and “hot-topic” articles while I was waiting for a meeting appointment in coffee shops.
- Share Your Life — As you create your list(s) of topics and ideas to construct through your blog, you need to understand that people visit your blog to hear your voice. In order to gain a truly active and loyal audience you must take the time to show them your personality and individual characteristics. Afford them the opportunity to get to know you so they establish a relationship with you and your posts. This will, in turn, allow them to rapidly spread the good word (and works) of your blog.
- Just Get It Done — Too many times we make excuses for not accomplishing our daily tasks. However, when it comes to blogging you cannot afford to lose an audience because they will (and I guarantee this) will find another source of information; after-all that is the sole purpose of search engines. It is so incredibly important that you adhere to your publication schedule and consistently post quality content in predictable manner.
Alright, without further waiting take the time to bookmark this page so you can come back to it on a regular basis to refresh, and start your time management for more blogging and business success!
If blogging is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.
“The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Marketing”-E-Book
Image Source: HubSpot, “The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing”, E-Marketer.com