Chances are, your company has a LinkedIn account but maybe you aren’t exactly sure how to use it as a business tool. With 161 million users and 4.2 billion professionally-oriented searches (LinkedIn.com/about), it’s time to start using LinkedIn Marketing correctly.
OK, we admit, that’s easier said than done. To make things simple, we broke down some of the highlights to making the most out of your LinkedIn Marketing. So now, let’s dive into the world of LinkedIn and see where your current strategy may be lacking.
LinkedIn Marketing Tips
- See What the People Want: It’s no use publishing the same types of content if your audience isn’t responding. Run some tests to see which style of content gets the most downloads or interaction. Perhaps videos perform better than your eBooks, so you know where to put your efforts in the future. In addition, test a variety of topics to see what people on this platform are most interested in learning about.
- Update Your Status Regularly: If people check back on your page and it hasn’t been updated in days, weeks, or longer, why would they come back? Likewise, if your company doesn’t show up in newsfeeds, what’s stopping people from forgetting about you? To solve this issue, create a posting calendar to ensure you update at least a few times a week, and you mix up the content that you’re sharing. This will keep your company top of mind, and give your page some personality.
- Link up your RSS Feed: Not only does linking your RSS feed to your company keep your page updated, but it also showcases your content so that viewers see you as an expert in your field. This way, when they eventually need your services, they remember your company and your expertise. If you’re struggling with updating your blog with fresh content, have IMPACT do the work. Contact us to discuss your blogging needs.
- Add CTAs for Lead Generating Power: Status updates are a great place to sprinkle in some CTAs. Mix up the content and encourage users to download your eBooks, whitepapers, videos, etc. Provide a link in the post to a landing page for access to the offer.
- Fill out your Products and Services – Here’s your chance to show people what you do! Take the time to fill this section with images, descriptions, and links to provide visitors with everything they want to know about your products and services. But that’s not all. Use this important real estate to highlight offers that you think this target market would be interested in. After all, you do want to generate leads right?
- Highlight 3 Main Parts of Your Company: One great piece of LinkedIn marketing is the ability to showcase 3 images (640×220 pixels). This is an excellent place to showcase your services, offers, brand, and more with a little extra oomph! Take advantage of these spaces and focus on the main messages you want to convey to visitors.
- Utilize the Careers Tab: Aside from using LinkedIn marketing for promoting your services and products, you should also take advantage of finding professional talent! Post any open positions in the “Careers” tab of your page and you might be surprised with the skilled talent that comes knocking.
- Encourage Recommendations: According to Hubspot, “63% of consumers indicate they are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews”. That’s quite a stat! If recommendations don’t come naturally, use your email marketing power to kindly ask clients to recommend your company.
- Participate in LinkedIn “Answers”: Under the “More” tab you’ll see an option called “Answers”. This is a great place to show off your knowledge and expertise by answering questions related to your products or services. Although you won’t be able to communicate as your company, people can see where you are from and click company link to get to your page. Aim for a few questions a week and you’ll certainly expand your exposure.
- Analyze and Improve: Give yourself some time to get everything started, then go back and see your results. LinkedIn provides a “Page Statistics” tab in the admin panel of your page where you can see views, visitors, clicks, etc. Take this information and see how your efforts are working. Use this insight to see what produces the most results for your company.
Get Started with LinkedIn Marketing!
OK, so now that you have some tips, are you ready to get your LinkedIn marketing in action? Aim to start using a few new tools each day, and before you know it you’ll be a LinkedIn marketing expert!
If you need help with getting your LinkedIn marketing in tip-top shape, we’re happy to help. Contact IMPACT to discuss your social media marketing needs and we’ll help build a successful plan for your company.