If you’re looking to give your business a boost, I always tell people to go online, especially if they’re in the professional service industry. As you probably are fully aware, there is a lot of competition in these industries with each notary, lawyer, and architect jostling to get into the top spot and in the forefront of any potential client’s or customer’s mind.
One of the best ways to reach out to clients and customers is to touch a fairly untapped resource: online. Bringing your advertising campaign online can potentially bring in a ton more leads to your company, which means you will be seeing potentially a whole lot more business coming through. Here are some of the top suggestions that I give to my professional service clients on how to get leads online:
Also, be sure to check out our FREE Ebook, “How Successful Professional Service Providers Grow Their Business Using Inbound Marketing” to learn how to generate more traffic and leads for your company.
Include a Form on your Website
Assuming that you have website (which, if you don’t, certainly start planning and designing one NOW), consider adding a “form” either to all or certain pages of your site. There are several benefits that come from adding a form to your site, such as:
- The easier you make it for potential customers and clients to contact you, the more likely they are to contact you
- It gives customers and clients the peace of mind that the message they’ve sent off to you has been received by you
- It will make it easier for you to filter through messages, especially if you add a “Subject” dropdown menu on the form itself
- You can obtain their email address, which will help you not only keep a lead, but then continually nurture that lead to the point where they become a customer
There are a lot of things that you can do with your website that will help generate leads. Check out our free Ebook “Website Redesign 101” for more tips and tricks on how you can optimize your website.
Consider a PPC Campaign
PPC (pay per click) marketing campaigns can work for a lot of industries, including many of those that would be under the “professional service” industry category. If you have a lot of competition in your area (i.e. you’re 1 of over 100 local law firms) then spending the money on a PPC campaign may be worth your while. This is how a pay per click campaign works:
You first sign up with a service, such as Google AdSense, which then allows you to “bid” on keywords that a potential lead would type into a search engine to find your business. When you win the bid, you can then tailor your pay per click advertisement’s appearance and demographic information (i.e. if you only want people within a 15 mile radius of your office location to see the ads, Google can do that for you).
Whenever anyone who matches your criteria types in that keyword that you bid on, your pay per click advertisement will then appear. So this PPC campaign will help you get only highly targeted traffic clicking on your PPC ads and coming to your website.
Blog and Blog Frequently
The last and perhaps most important thing I always suggest is that anyone in this industry start up a blog. Blogs have a ton of advantages that no business should be without, such as:
- A blog will give you a huge SEO boost, quite possibly putting you in the top rankings in search engines (especially for local SEO)
- It gives you a chance to show your more “human” side, which potential leads find more likable and trustworthy than the typical faceless internet presence
- Blogs give you the chance to show off what you know! People seek out experts in any field or area of interest, so you being seen as an “expert” will get you a whole lot more business
Best of all, most blogging sites are absolutely free to use and relatively easy to incorporate into your current website.
Listed above are just a couple of the top priority items that I give to my clients, but you can do a whole lot more than what is suggested above. Strongly consider opening up social media accounts, such as a Facebook and LinkedIn account, so that you can reach out to more prospective leads and clients. Also think about creating landing pages to help promote your services, and to promote an email marketing campaign to further help obtain and nurture leads.
If you’re a professional service provider interested in generating more traffic and leads from your website, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.