Being perhaps one of the most lucrative industries out there today, most people are surprised that there are health service providers struggling to get their business off the ground. But after the numerous phone calls that I’ve received from people in the industry, there are a ton of them fighting to try and make a dollar.
If you’re tired of the fight and want to get your company going, set aside any outbound marketing techniques that you’ve been using and try an online approach. Considering every year more of the population is using their PCs, laptops and smartphones to find business and company information, the time to have an online presence is NOW.
While we go through different lead generating strategies for health service providers, I’d like you to keep one thing in the forefront of your mind: customer service. There may be a lot of big companies out there that seem to be monopolizing the market, but if you can provide superior customer service, you will definitely get ahead.
Also, be sure to check out our FREE Ebook, “How Successful Health Service Providers Grow Their Business Using Inbound Marketing” to learn how to generate more traffic and leads for your company.
Start a Blog
The best thing you can ever do to add more clout to your online presence is to start up a blog. Not only will a blog help boost your ranking in the search engines and potentially put you ahead of your competition in Google, but it also:
- Allows you to educate people about your particular industry/niche. Showing that you know what’s happening in your industry and your niche will make you look like an authority in your field, which in turn will allow people to trust you.
- Show that you care. Even something as small as having a blog entry that may be comparing to similar yet different products or services and listing the benefits of both will prove to your visitors that a) you’re educated on the topic, and b) you really do care that they have the information they need to make an informed decision.
- Initiate group discussions. If you allow people to contribute and comment on your blog entries, make sure that you reply with intelligent and thoughtful responses. Invite them to give you a call or send you an email if anything requires a more in depth consultation or discussion.
Having a more personalized response to people will allow them to trust you more as an individual, and that is something that will definitely take your business to the next level.
For more on starting a successful, lead generating blog, check out our FREE Ebook, “How to Start a Business Blog.”
Social Media Marketing
Assuming that you already have a website online, the next best step is to lead people back to your website. One of the best ways to do that: social media. Social media is already regarded as more personal way to get in touch with people. You can post messages, send private messages, and contact whoever has a social media account. With Facebook’s new “timeline” for business accounts, you now have the added benefit to be able to personally contact someone who may have an inquiry.
As mentioned in our free Ebook “Social Media Tune Up”, social media is a great way for you to receive questions and concerns from anyone who may be interested in your products and services. It’s also a great way to advertise your blog, your website, and any products or services that you’re offering. Twitter even allows you to “eavesdrop” on conversations about you, your company, or your general industry so make sure you take advantage of these free tools that are at your disposal.
Landing Pages and Newsletters
People with any sort of chronic health problem will want to stay “in the know” about that particular industry. This is why I almost always recommend that any business in the health care industry start up a regular monthly newsletter. You can advertise your newsletter through creating landing pages, through social media, through your blog… the list goes on and on. Newsletters serve a number of purposes, though the primary purposes are:
- You’re providing people with essential information that they want and/or need
- You’re obtaining an email address which you can then use in the future for an email marketing campaign
Having a visitor’s email address is incredibly important if you want to take a lead that you receive and turn them into a customer. An email marketing campaign is what will allow you to stay in continuous contact with a person, promote your products or services to them, and remind them that you and your business still exist.
The health service industry has a lot of work to do when it comes to having any semblance of care towards the people who buy their products or services. Why not make your company stand out by being one of the few who clearly cares about your customers by using blogs, social media, and newsletters to stay in touch and keep them “in the know” about the industry?
If you’re a health service provider interested in generating more traffic and leads for your business, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.