IMPACT branding and design is dedicated to helping e-commerce websites truly make a difference with site features, design, and search engine optimization. However, there is another aspect of an e-commerce business that we absolutely emphasize — conversion of your website visitors into customers.
No matter how much traffic your website gets, those numbers do not mean anything towards your bottom line income unless you are able to convert the traffic into dollars. Here is a list of the top 5 ways to convert your website visitors into product/service sales:
- Install A Click-To-Call — With more and more web users utilizing the features of Skype which means that you can install a bit of code and have Skype automatically call your business when they click on the phone number. For a significant number of consumers, they may not want to buy something from a website, but they may be able to be sold on the product if they speak with a customer service representative.
- Analyze Your Competition — The bottom line here rests with this simple statement…always “one-up” your competition. No, your products don’t have to be better, and your services don’t have to exceed the competitions’. However, the delivery of the experience needs to be significantly better than your competition. So, do the research and find out what they are doing, and raise the bar for the delivery of service.
- Easy Access To Contact Someone — Online chats, social media links, and options to call someone will always yield great results for traffic conversion. Consumers want to be assured that there is someone behind the proverbial curtain, and allowing them to directly contact someone is a significant benefit. Make the contact information obvious and repetitive, and allow your future clientele to establish a trust with your company.
- Test Various Positioning — Experiment and adapt. Those are the key focuses when you have an e-commerce website. You always want to experiment with different positions for your call to action links/buttons. Attempt to have them in the header, in the footer, in the body of the content, in the sidebars, etc. Google Analytics has great tools for you to experiment and truly research the various designs you could use. Take advantage of those tools, and adapt to the findings! Remember, just because it worked well for one year doesn’t mean that it will work well next year.
- Stand Out Call To Action — The fact of the matter, when it comes to call to action links or buttons, is you want them to catch the visitor’s eye immediately. You want the call to action link to be the first thing that they see on your website. So, strong colors that don’t necessarily match the rest of your site, prominent placement (like we mentioned in #4), and adequate size. Again, you want this to be so enticing that they will click the call to action even before they know what they are acting on.
E-commerce websites should be focusing on driving a large amount of traffic through search engine optimization, but they should more-so be concerned with conversion ratios. Remember, unless your traffic converts to sales, your website is just costing you money. So, if you need help with converting your traffic or experimenting with different ways to increase your conversion ratios, contact us at IMPACT!