The following is an excerpt from IMPACT's popular ebook, "25 Simple Ways to Generate More Customers." For all 25 expert tips on making the small adjustments that can pay huge dividends, check out the full ebook.
Every path to success begins with a clear set of goals. Goals are what will give you and your business direction. Goals are what will keep you in check and ensure that you accomplish exactly what you need to be successful.
Goals are what will light the fire under you and give you the drive and passion to complete the task that you have come to complete – which for you is to convert more of your visitors into customers. Learn more about online lead generation.
Having a business without goals is somewhat like being on a ship in the middle of the ocean without a map. You have no idea where you’re going, so you don’t even know how you can plan to get to your final destination (if you even know what your final destination is!).
1. IDENTIFY YOUR GOALS
Why Set Goals?
Here are some more common mistakes executive managers make.
Here’s the thing about goals: they have to be realistic in order for them to be of any use to you. You need to:
- Write your goals down
- Set short term and achievable milestones (Set large objectives, and then branch off into smaller commitments) • Set goals that you actually want to achieve, not goals you think you should achieve
- Be specific with your goals
- Measure both your actions and your progress as you reach each goal
- Don’t be overzealous; start with just one goal
- Make sure that you make time to reach your goals
WHO IS YOUR CUSTOMER?
If you want to get more customers, you have to know about your customer, or as marketing gurus would call them, your “tar- get market”. Here are some key things to think about when trying to identify your target market:
- Who is my product or service going to benefit?
- Who can afford the product or service?
- What sort of lifestyle do these people have?
- Is this product for men or women? Are they single or married? Is it for children, and if so, what age are the children? • Where do your customers live?
- Who do these people currently go to for advice?
- Is there a company out there that currently sells something similar or complimentary to your product or service?
2. ANALYZE YOUR WEBSITE
IS IT USER-FRIENDLY?
Nothing is worse than visiting a site that is hard to navigate. The last thing that you want to do to your visitors is to frustrate them by not laying things out in an organized way. A common navigation issue we see often is websites with multiple navigation bars and it takes more than three clicks to get to the content you’re looking for. Has anyone ever told you that your site is hard to navigate?
Not sure if your site is user friendly? Take a look at it yourself. Right after your page loads, can you quickly find the key elements to your site right where your eyes land? Users should not have to click, scroll, or have their eyes dart around your page to try and find the information they’re there for. Does this sound like you? 10 common mistakes on business websites.
So you’ve decided that your site may benefit from some fine tuning. How do you know if you should modify it, or throw it all out and start from scratch? Consider these questions:
- Do you know how to do web design? If not, do you have the money to pay someone for web design?
- Is your site messy? Consider a complete redesign if you have a lot of content.
- Do you want to add extra things to your website? If so, your site may need a redesign, such as if you are turning your site into an ecommerce site.
- Want to give your site a fresh look for your visitors? Consider modifying color schemes and textures.
- Want to strengthen your brand’s image online and have a site to reflect this brand? Considering that a recent
Enquiro B2B survey revealed that over 85% of buyers go online to research purchases, it’s more important than ever to have a quality, branded site that showcases and informs people about your products and/or services.
Still need more help? Consider reading our free e-Book: Website Redesign 101.
If you aren’t keeping track of your site’s success, then you’re doomed to fail. Without having reliable statistics available to you to show what works on your site and what doesn’t, you won’t be able to make modifications to your site and increase your earnings.
A wide range of statistical software is available to you, from the price range from $0 to thousands of dollars a year. We’ll get you started with just a couple software programs worth checking out. Be use both of these programs on our websites:
- HubSpot (http://www.hubspot.com)
Smartphones and tablets are everywhere these days – and that means internet use is skyrocketing with these mobile devices. You may think you don’t need a mobile-friendly layout for your website, but it’s possible that it could make or break your conversions. When your website “isn’t showing up right” on mobile devices, chances are slim you’ll convert.