Increasing revenue is always a concern for businesses; finding an efficient means of enhancing that income is the obstacle that a significant number of business owners face. Companies try billboards, television, radio, and just about anything out there to experience a positive growth. However, little do the majority of the companies know that there are 7 ways that you can drastically IMPACT your revenue with quality content:
- Paper Newsletters — E-mail marketing and newsletters has absolutely engulfed the entire corporate world, and there are no signs of it slowing down in the near future. With that said, you have an outstanding opportunity to capitalize on a niche marketing method in which only a few companies utilize – paper newsletters. Now, in order for these newsletters to have an impact on your revenue, you need to make sure you use high quality paper, high quality content, and action items throughout the newsletter. Finally, make sure that you include content that is resourceful and can be a consistent tool for the audience.
- Direct Mail — Talk about a marketing method that has fallen to the wayside! Direct mail used to be the be-all in every company’s marketing plan, but it has evolved into an afterthought in most scenarios. However, you can take full advantage of proven research on direct mail while others utterly avoid the efforts. Remember to utilize content that will benefit the reader, and information that the audience cannot obtain from another resource. Also, make sure you personalize the mail as well as provide incentive for them to take action. If you follow through with those steps, you will establish yourself as a trust-worthy source of information and, consequently, increase your foot-traffic to your website and business.
- White Paper — Similar to direct e-mail marketing and newsletters drowning out direct mail and print newsletters, the white paper has been bashed and battered by the e-book. Though, a well-written and designed white paper can have much more of an impact on your revenue in comparison to an e-book. In other words, while an e-book shares longer content that must be read fully to understand the concept, a white paper has the ability to be scanned and still provide beneficial information for the audience as well as increase your reputation as an industry authority (which , of course, can positively influence your company’s income).
- Min-E-Series — While the white paper can capitalize on a similar market, the min-E-series (short blog series) can create reader loyalty as well as recurring visits to find out more information. If composed correctly, the min-E-Series also has the capability to maximize relationship marketing and develop a long-term follower and supporter. Finally, the min-E-series can act as a phenomenal piece of marketing material for mailer incentives, etc.
- Free Teleconference — The teleconference is an outstanding way to market and reach out to your audience with high quality and effective content. As you conduct the teleconference, make sure you encourage interaction by way of questions and answers as well as an open discussion period at the end of the teleconference. As a quick hint with these conferences, remember to record them so you have the ability to utilize them for marketing in later campaigns. With regard to how often you should run these, I have seen successful teleconference campaigns run on a monthly basis with general content covered and an emphasis on the participants to “attend” the paid teleconference (see the next point).
- Premier Teleclass — As soon as you have established a few of the free teleconferences which cover a broad range of topics with a vague scope of information, it is time that you create a premier teleclass which dives into the topics in great detail; this allows you to charge for the teleconference (to gather the cost of the teleconference, figure 1 hour of your time divided by the minimum number of participants you would like to have). Similar to the free teleconference, make sure that you encourage interactivity and record the content for later marketing.
- Compilation of Best Blogs — While this works best if you have a robust blog, you can also utilize this income-generating content with as few as 20 blog articles. The goal behind gathering the quality blog posts is to establish a one stop resource for your audience and to package a wide range of topics (and quality content) that can either be sold for a nominal price or that encourages people to sign up for events (or contact info) to receive the information. Remember to place a link to this on your website and include it within your advertisements.
In summary, the search for methods to increase revenue is everlasting, but you can take advantage of content marketing immediately to make a definitive IMPACT. Whether you decide to implement one or all of the techniques mentioned above, you have the unique opportunity to distinguish yourself from your competition and tap into a larger scale of audience.
If inbound marketing and content creation are something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.