Great marketing and flexible usage capabilities have launched the iPad into today’s businesses. Every day there are more companies utilizing Apple’s newest device for their employees, and rightfully so. With the rapid increase use, you need to be prepared to move into the iPad era through understanding how to design you site for the iPad as well as how to customize your own iPad. The best way to obtain a customized iPad for your business is to know which apps are a must-have for your device.
- iWork Suite — As one of the most popular apps for the iPad, iWork Suite acts as Apple’s collection of office programs. “Pages” is meant to be the word processor, “Numbers” is aimed at charts and graphs, and “Keynote” is primarily for presentations. Overall, if you are planning on using your iPad for business, this is a necessity!
- WebEx (or GoToMeeting) — With an iPad, businesses are able to travel and still conduct business easily and efficiently. With WebEx, you have the ability to hold online meetings via audio, video, and/or type chat. If you base your business on networking or face to face meetings this is a must-have for your business iPad.
- Dropbox — I know that I work off of at least three computers, and I utilize a USB drive to access all my files from each of these devices. With an iPad, you have the opportunity to utilize the Dropbox app. With Dropbox, you have the chance to automatically sync files from multiple computers as well as have remote access to files not in sync with your current device. That’s not all, though, you can also use this app as a PDF (and document) reader.
- TweetDeck — A significant number of companies have found value in a Twitter account, and the ability to sync their Tweets to their mobile devices. TweetDeck takes it one step further and provides you with an app for your iPad as well. Now you can submit your updates, manage your follows, and have utter control over your Twitter account just from opening an app.
- PrintCentral — How frustrating is it for you to travel and not be able to print without downloading a new printer’s software? If you haven’t been through that, I can tell you from experience that it is a pain in the neck to go through that process time and time again! With PrintCentral, you have the ability to print to any printing device virtually anywhere. But, the app reaches further than just printing as you can also access files in your cloud or stored on your home computer without downloading them. The bottom line is that this is a must-have for your iPad.
As you will come to find out, the apps for the iPad are almost endless and the list of useful business apps are growing each and every day. However, the five applications for your iPad that are a necessity starting out are the iWork Suite, PrintCentral, WebEx, TweetDeck, and DropBox. If you have these 5 apps you are on the right track for iPad success.
*Should you need assistance in optimizing your web design for the iPad or would like to look at developing an app for your company please don’t hesitate to contact us today*
If website design is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.
“The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Marketing”-E-Book
Image Source: HubSpot, “The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing”, E-Marketer.com