There’s seems to be a common misconception that inbound marketing strategies apply mainly to online businesses. Actually, according to a study conducted by BIA/Kelsey, by 2015 small to medium size businesses will decrease their spending on traditional media from 52 percent to 30 percent. The study also stated that the remaining 70% of small to medium size marketing budgets will be allocated to digital marketing mediums to include social media, blogging, mobile, PPC, email, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and customer management. Here is an example of 5 companies that are successfully embracing inbound marketing. Interestingly enough these inbound marketing success stories reveal how companies across multiple industry verticals use these strategies to build thriving businesses.
SRS Crisafulli a pumping and dredging company located in Montana comprised on 50 employees relies heavily on lead tracking and content management. The company began inbound marketing strategies in 2009. Since then SRS Crisafulli dropped PPC campaigns all together, seen a 95% increase of organic website traffic, and consistently sees steady increase in lead quality.
Colt International is a family owned and operated industrial company specializing in a variety of activities including climate control, ventilation, manufacturing, R&D, and maintenance. Colt International’s Manager of Marketing and Communications expressed that inbound marketing is an emerging trend. The company began using various inbound marketing strategies including blogging, analytics, and integrated platforms. Within just three months of consistently applying inbound marketing strategies Colt International achieved an increase ten times their old overall monthly traffic, grew social media traffic from 0 to 900 vistors, and generated a 13% overall landing page conversion rate.
Global Plastic Sheeting
Global plastic sheeting located in Vista California now has a thriving industrial materials company. They are what Director of Marketing Nana Hinsley calls “Nothing less than a miracle.” The company started online by employing a web designer who built and managed their website. They struggled to achieve any results online. Then they began implementing inbound marketing strategies and after 2 years have seen more than an 80% traffic increase, 100% sales increase, and 92% increase in lead generation.
Moonworks is a Rhode Island based construction and renovation company, and
prior to implementing inbound marketing strategies Moonworks embraced traditional marketing strategies from newspaper advertisements to direct mail. However, the decline in outbound responsiveness prompted the company to find an inbound marketing solution that paid close attention to tracking results. After nearly 2 years of inbound marketing strategies Moonworks achieved a 385% increase in organic traffic and generated a $10,000 savings from organic search traffic results.
Closet works is a leader in custom closet designs located in Illinois. The company relied heavily on traditional marketing strategies until they realized they had no idea how they we’re tracking and managing their leads. They decided to implement lead tracking and inbound marketing lead generation strategies in an effort to better manage and enhance their marketing campaigns. After just 10 months of implementing inbound marketing strategies Closet Works dramatically reduced their cost per lead by 60%, increased overall leads by 40%, and reached a 14% conversion rate for all landing pages.
Inbound marketing strategies are quickly being embraced by all industry verticals including construction, manufacturing, education, health and wellness, hospitality, and legal services– the list goes on and on. If you are currently relying on traditional marketing strategies I’m sure you see the trends in increased costs and declining results. Inbound marketing is an excellent alternative to present your offers on both a global and local scale at a reasonable cost. Moreover, with inbound marketing you’re able to have full control over your campaigns. While you have the reassurance of traditional marketing you also have the ability to analyze, maintain, improve, and collect leads directly from your campaign. These strategies put you in control of your business. If you have any questions, concerns, or maybe you just need a little help getting started let us know because we’d love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: Case studies provided by Hubspot. However, IMPACT uses the same strategies and software.