It was the sound of yet another social media platform launching. In fact, it seems there’s a new one launching monthly that businesses and marketers need to harness in order to have an effective hold on the market.
The truth is, the social media landscape has become much harder to navigate these days, and it can be very overwhelming trying to discern where you should be spending your time, and what platforms are a waste of your time.
At IMPACT, we understand this more than most, so we scoured the Internet to find the most up-to-date, telling data in order to give our readers and customers a better idea of where their target market is more likely to be hanging out, and where they should be spending their time.
Interested in learning the most up-to-date data on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+? Check out the full Ebook.
15 Amazing Social Media Statistics
1. 80% of people prefer to get coupons, promos, and discounts from brands in social media. (HubSpot) Tweet this Stat!
2. 43% of all online consumers are social media fans or followers. (Harp Social) Tweet this Stat!
3. 20% of Facebook users have purchased something because of ads or comments they saw there. (Ipsos) Tweet this Stat!
4. 85% of Internet users have Facebook accounts; 49% are on Twitter. (HubSpot) Tweet this Stat!
5. 42% of people have mentioned a brand in a Facebook status update. (HubSpot) Tweet this Stat!
6. 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy brands that they follow. (iModerate Research Technologies) Tweet this Stat!
7. Companies that use Twitter average 2X more leads per month than those that do not. (HubSpot) Tweet this Stat!
8. B2B businesses experience a 61% success rate in customer acquisition using LinkedIn. (HubSpot) Tweet this Stat!
9. Two of the biggest user groups on Google+ are college students and software developers. (Remcolandia) Tweet this Stat!
10. Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in their history. (RJMetrics) Tweet this Stat!
11. 80% of Pinterest’s users are female. (comScore) Tweet this Stat!
12. The best time to pin during the day is between 2 PM and 4 PM EST. (Pinerly Study) Tweet this Stat!
13. Google+ is expected to reach 400 million users by the end of 2012. (Jeff Bullas) Tweet this Stat!
14. 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter, and 20% have closed deals. (Mindjumpers) Tweet this Stat!
15. People ages 25-34 use Facebook the most. (Emarketer) Tweet this Stat!