Social media marketing (SMM) is an important component of inbound marketing. Facebook, the leading social media network that has more than 800 million active users and more than 50% of them browse Facebook every day. As a part of inbound marketing strategies, Facebook can be used as a massive platform for inbound marketing.
But, for being successful in Facebook marketing, you need to generate ‘likes’ to your Facebook page. There are some highly recommended strategies that can help you out in attracting more people to like your Facebook page. Hubspot, a leading business consultation website has recently published an ebook titled “How to Master Facebook Marketing in 10 Days” where the strategies have been elaborated.
- Evaluate successful Facebook pages: At the initial level, you need to analyze some successful Facebook pages, preferably the ones that are similar to yours. It will give you some basic ideas of how to design your fanpage. But, make sure not simply to copy other pages. It will ruin the reputation of your company. However, this is the initial level of your Facebook marketing.
- Understand Facebook best practices: Facebook has some unique features that help you to develop your fanpage in a better way. There are some exclusive FBML codes that can be applied in designing your page. But, remember not to overstuff the page with unnecessary materials.
- Speak Facebook-ease: If you are already familiar with handling Facebook, it would be a plus. But, if not, then learn how to do so. Facebook is an extremely easy platform to navigate.
- Create custom Welcome Pages: Once you are done with pre-planning, make sure to start designing your page. The most important part of the fanpage is the welcome page. If you have a customized welcome page, it would mean giving emphasis on guests. However, include some words in the welcome page that motivate the guests to like your page. Try to make the page persuasive. Show the visitors causes why they should like your product. The welcome page is like the landing page of your website. In a word, the welcome page is everything; either the lead leaves you or chooses you. Hubspot reports that 49% of the companies have classified landing pages that are derived from their websites.
- Create a content calendar: As you are operating your Facebook page for a company that sells products, it would be wiser if you add a content calendar on the page. It will help the possible buyers to decide which products are available for them. If they feel interested, they can go to your website for further details of the products. It is an exclusive method of turning leads into sales.
- Understand EdgeRank and the art of engagement: Facebook provides statistics of the engagements of your fanpages. Using the statistics will allow you to know the popularity and activities of your Facebook page. So, learn how to understand EdgeRank and the art of engagement.
- Put on a show: You can directly share a few materials to your fanpage from the website. It will help the Facebook fans to understand the genre of your products in details.
- Create a contest: People like contents. If you can throw an effective contest on your Facebook fanpage, it will unmistakably increase your sales. For example, you can declare some rewards or great discounts on limited time sales. Or else, if you have a multiple products to sale, you can offer great rewards for the ten most buying customer. It can even boost your sales as well as help people know about your products.
- Run a targeted ad campaign: Facebook allows marketers to run classified advertisements on the website. You can target people of specific age groups, areas or with any other specifications. It is slightly different from the Google Adwords advertisements. In addition, Facebook ads are proven as worthwhile.
- Use Facebook’s analytics package ‘Insights’: Like Google Analytics, Facebook allows you to see the statistics of your fanpage with the ‘insights’ package. You can use this package to determine the locations, sources and other information of your fans.
Finally, Facebook marketing, or social media marketing, can play vital roles in expanding inbound marketing if you can implement the strategies properly.
If social media improvement is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.