Generating traffic and converting the resulting leads to sales is the ultimate challenge for any marketer, but it may take a much longer time if you don’t have some a good working knowledge of how to do so. There are certain things that you can do easily though which will help you generate leads from your business website and convert them to sales. Here’s a list of ten things that are proven to be effective to generate traffic to your website and expand your business.
- Create a Facebook page with a generous landing page: Having an excellent Facebook fanpage with an outstanding landing page will definitely help generate traffic and leads to your website. Since social media has become the most interactive platform for marketers, using social media websites like Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter is an incredible FREE tool for you to utilize, no matter what website you’re promoting. Remember though that your business page should remain business oriented and shouldn’t resemble a personal Facebook page: make your Facebook fanpage as professional looking as possible so that your fans realize it’s an accurate representation of your company.
- Make an easy to retrieve website: Many of the marketers fail to generate leads simply because of their carelessness regarding formatting the linked webpage. If you want to attract more people to visit your website, remember to make the webpages easily accessible. If your website or the webpages you want visitors to get to requires too many clicks to get there, many of the possible buyers may lose interest.
- Make content interesting: In order to be a successful inbound marketer, you need to ensure that you give visitors the opportunity to land on a website that is full of rich content. It is an exclusive way of generating leads and increasing traffic when you post quality content to your website. It would be a plus if you ask the visitors to leave comments and feedbacks so that you can understand if they require anything additional and if there’s anything they’d like to see.
- Include social signature links: Including signatures is a major way to increase the authenticity of your website. Whether you are targeting traffic from a social media website or from an email, always make sure that you do not forget to include your signature at the end of your message. It really helps the visitors determine whether they feel interested in visiting your website or not.
- Referral contests: Having referral contests is a bit like affiliate marketing. Encouraging your existing fans to generate more fans to like your social media page can be a great opportunity to increase leads and generate traffic. If you pass on rewards for your fans to do so, you’re likely to see your goal reached much faster: nothing motivates people more than rewards!
- Have a blog: A recent study conducted by Hubscore has found that websites that have blogs get 55% more traffic than the ones that don’t have one. Obviously, you have the chance to generate reasonable amounts of traffic if you have an exclusive platform for the visitors, as visitors love being able to be interactive.
- Strong social media biography: The very first thing that a potential social media fan checks out is your biography. If you have a well written biography with lots of credentials, people are likely to ‘like’ your page. Having a better looking bio can give your company authenticity to potential buyers. It actually works like the first impression.
- Video marketing: Video marketing is another great way to increase your visibility, and the most successful inbound marketers launch a video campaign for their websites. If your website has a handful of videos that describe your business and products, it can certainly generate more traffic and leads. Affordablewebdesign.com reports that adding videos increase traffic by 55%.
- Conduct surveys: If you have a medium sized business website, you can conduct a few surveys so that people can relate your products versus your competitors. Adding some surveys and polls also allows you to interact with your visitors, and visitors love seeing a website interacting back with them. It also allows you to measure the success of what you’ve put on the website, find out valuable feedback directly for free, and of course the conversation that visitors may begin can also lead to some free keyword optimization for your site.
- Offer discounts: One of the last and perhaps best things you can do to generate traffic is to offer discounts for specific products and highlight them. It can literally ignite your sales overnight, especially because consumers are constantly searching for offers and coupons. Announce your offers over your social media outlets including social bookmarking pages, and also encourage visitors to share the discounts with others, offering additional savings for those who do or a special incentive.
Finally, whatever the initiatives you take, makes sure that they are implemented effectively. Inbound marketing is like a precise science, and there are tried and true methods that work, you just need to exercise them. Unfortunately, many marketers end up failing because they aren’t consistent and they don’t follow through with those tried and true tactics, often thinking they just have to do these things once or twice. In order to keep continued success, watch what works and what doesn’t, and always ensure that you’re doing everything the correct and most effective way.
If turning your website into a sales and traffic generating machine is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.