Social Media Marketing (SMM) is an important part of the inbound marketing strategies. The power of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are so much that if you can be a successful social media marketer, your inbound marketing can shine in a short time. But, there are some minor issues that can delay the success. Overcoming these issues is not tough at all but a little consumption of time. However, following is a list of ten most talked social media marketing mistakes that marketers often commit.
- Not using social media accounts properly: One of the key components of successful social media marketing is to use the social media accounts properly that you set up. It is an important business and marketing strategy to make your visitors feel that the account is up to the date and is very live. So, if you are operating your inbound marketing with Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter or any other social media website, just keep your account up to the date.
- Not linking back your website: It is very important that you link back to your original business website from the social media website account. Basically, the link should be placed in a place where every person can view it. It helps them to get back to you when it becomes necessary.
- Not claiming your account: Either you are operating a small business or a giant one, you need to be very strict in claiming that the particular social media account that you operate is yours. That means, if you cannot make it clear to the social media fans that this particular one is the real account, then there remains that chance that you would lose a handful of possible customers. It problem often takes place when your company has a common name.
- Not Separating your personal and business accounts: Another important thing is that your personal and business accounts should be separate. If you use one single social media account for both yourself and the company, it may become tougher to handle the popularity. Therefore, your business account should be different from the personal one.
- Not asking to respond: Many of the social media marketers mess out and miss followers only because they do not ask them to. Asking someone to ‘like,’ according to Momentus Media, increases interaction by 216%. So, never make the mistake of not asking people to like your page.
- Not having a picture: Although it sounds amateur, the truth is that if you do not have a picture on your social media account, that makes it unofficial and people think it’s abandoned. So, add a powerful photo to your social media account. In fact, Twitter accounts that have pictures are 10 times more followed than the ones that do not have.
- Not having a blog subscription: Not having a blog or RSS subscription can be a deadly option to your business. Having subscription options attract more people to like the page. It also helps your business.
- No like/Follow button on your website: One of the biggest mistakes that marketers often commit is not to have ‘like’ or ‘follow’ buttons on official websites. So in order to generate more people to like you, add each and every social media button after every pages or posts so that it becomes easier to be followed.
- Not including links in posts: When you post something on your social media, always remember to include a link with it. It helps the fans to find out your website. It has significant roles in generating leads.
- Posts not being contextual: Zarrella, a leading social media consultation website has found that the most clicked twitter post is of 130 words. So it would be a grave mistake if you simply post something on your social media account without thinking what you are posting. Make your posts concise and contextual.
Finally, Google+ has appeared as a new platform of social media marketing. If you have yet not set up an account with Google+, it would be great to do so right away.
So, by avoiding the stated mistakes, you can boost up your social media marketing success. In addition, as a successful inbound marketer, you need to realize how to implement the strategies.
If social media improvement is something that you are interested in but don’t know how to get started, contact us today to schedule your free marketing analysis.